Frictional Games, the makers of Amnesia and SOMA, is looking for a new game porting programmer to join our team!
Title: Game Porting Programmer
Focus: Porting our existing games and on-going projects to new platforms.
Type: Full time permanent position
Last day to apply: Ongoing, we will close the add when we find someone, but there is no end date
Location: Remote or in Malmö office
We have many potential porting projects ahead of us, and we want you to deep dive into our proprietary game engine to optimize code and configure our games for a variety of new and exciting platforms. Continue reading if you think you can help us out!
What will you work on?
You will work within our tech team as our dedicated game porting programmer, porting our games to new platforms, making sure they stay true to the original intent as well as utilize the unique strengths of the target platform. You will spend a majority of your time deep diving into the low level code of our in-house game engine.
You will also help out with preparing our new and upcoming titles to be released on several platforms. We are a small team, but there will always be a helping hand when needed, and from time to time, it might be that you need to help out with other tech related tasks as well.
Your focus will be:
- Porting our existing games to new platforms.
- Preparing our proprietary engine and current projects to be released on several platforms.
- Producing packages and builds of the ported games.
- Implement third party requirements and prepare builds for platform specific certification.
What are we looking for?
Everyone in CET±2 hours time zones are welcome to apply. If you want to relocate to Sweden, you have to be a EU/EEA resident.
The person we’re looking for is technical, driven, self-sufficient, and a problem solver. Being a remote team such as ours, organizing your own work and communicating clearly with the rest of the team are fundamental skills we require.
We are an open and inclusive workplace, and welcome everyone to apply!
Here are some essential skills we require:
- Experience with C, C++, D, Rust or similar.
- Deep understanding of DirectX12, OpenGL 4.x, Vulkan, Metal or another console graphics API.
- Released at least one game on several platforms.
- Deep knowledge in debugging and optimizing low level code.
- Understanding of how different technical implementations affect the player experience.
- A structured approach to your work, where you research info regarding development platforms and plan all work needed to reach a release ready version of our game.
- Ability to challenge yourself and tackle new obstacles head-on.
- Love for working on a variety of tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
Here are some hardware essentials if you choose to work from home part of the entirety of the time:
- A Windows PC that runs AAA games that came out the last few years on high quality settings + all equipment needed to operate and work on the computer.
- A fast and stable internet connection
If you really want to impress us:
- You have experience leading the technical part of porting projects from start to finish, including certification
- Experience in making a game run on a less powerful platform.
What do we offer?
We are a small team, which means you will be able to work on a wide variety of things and contribute to our future games in a meaningful way.
We also believe a healthy balance between work and life reflects positively on your work. We offer a variety of perks for our full-time employees, especially those who live in or relocate to Sweden. We also don’t encourage crunch.
Here’s what we offer:
- Relocation support to Malmö if you would like to move here
- Flexibility if you need to go to the doctor or other appointments during work hours
- Opportunities to influence your workflow
- Variety in your work tasks, and ability to influence your workload
- Flexibility to work from home if you want to
- Participation in our internal game Show & Tell sessions, so you’ll have input into all aspects of the game
- An inclusive and respectful work environment
- An office in central Malmö you can use as much as you please
- Fun workmates, game and movie nights, and other outings.
How to apply?
Did the position pique your interest? Are you the person we’re looking for? Then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that the application period will be ongoing until we find the right person for the position. Therefore it might take some time for us to reply to your message.
Please send us your:
- Cover letter (why you should work with us, what do you bring to the table)
- Portfolio (or links to your works)
Send your application to apply(at)frictionalgames.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com